BACKGROUND

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Here we go again!

Baby #2 is now being baked in the oven and I am in complete shock and denial about how fast this has all happened!  Just yesterday, I was pregnant with Ari and now my little baby is 1 1/2 years old next week!

I have been a complete slacker about blogging the past 6 or so months cause this insanely cute and crazy on the go toddler keeps me busy... but gotta get back to it in order to record what will most likely be my last experience growing a little miracle... and I want June Bug (the official nick name despite being due early Dec.) to have a record of how he/she came about just like Ariana does.

So far I am feeling good.  The symptoms came early and harder than before.  I had a feeling about 2-3 days after ovulation that something had happened (though Hubby makes fun of me for saying this) because of the stretching, achy/burning cramps and heavy feeling in my lower abs.  Its kinda like the day after feeling of doing to many lower ab crunches.  Then there was some stretching discomfort on me sides.  It was even very difficult to sit on the floor by Ariana's bed at night while she fell a sleep hugging on my hand like we normally do.  The biggest tip off was the constipation that started that first week which only happens to this extent when I was pregnant. About 8 DPO, the nausea started and came in phases.  Then the ridiculous increase in hunger after that.  Oh and did I mention the gas?  At least this time I am not in the office trying to pinch it off in discomfort LOL!

All the time I shared this with Hubbs, I knew he was thinking I was crazy and my mind was playing tricks on me.  I stupidly went in for a blood test around 7 DPO thinking since blood tests were so much more sensitive, they could catch this early and start the insurance paperwork sooner.  Nope!  And that only fueled Hubb's disbelief in my "symptoms."  I even doubted my self after that... but the next day, the cramps were VERY real and so was the nausea so I decided to wait a couple days and pee on a stick (POAS) again.  Sure enough, on 10 DPO there was a VERY faint, gotta squint in the right lighting line.  The next day was a tiny bit darker... but still so very faint that this just added to Hubb's thinking that I am going crazy imagining things! Hahaha  Warned him that he will be eating his words in a couple days!  Mean time, I was fatigued and crampy and he still took pity on his delusional wife by cleaning up after dinner and helping out with Ari a ton. But I could sense his thoughts of "Damn she's milking this for all it's worth!"

Well, the morning of 3/28/2011, the word "Pregnant" appeared on the Clear Blue easy digital!  Now he could celebrate and pat himself on the back for being 2 for 2 with bombs on target!  The test with the double lines was still very faint and the digital took forever to come up with a result... but there the words were with no squinting needed!  Hubbs got us some Cheesecake Factory that evening to celebrate.  :o)

Again, I am having to deal with the multiple back and forth drives to Beale AFB to get the blood work confirmation and referral.  Its still the same painfully slow and time drain as the last time.  I go back on Friday to pee in a cup again cause my HGC levels were so low (barely pregnant they said) because I tested so early.  File the paper work and off we go to the OB in 6 weeks.

Hubbs leave for Altus in 2 weeks and will be away for 4 months.  I will be half way through this pregnancy by the time he gets home... then we're packing up and moving to Travis AFB.  So needless to say, there's a lot of exciting changes on the horizon!  Here's hoping this pregnancy goes as smoothly as the last and we soar through all these changes with minimal turbulence!

No comments: