BACKGROUND

Thursday, December 31, 2009

What a difference a decade makes!

Where were you at the start of this passing decade?

This question was posted on TheBump and OMG... WOW... it just hit me how HUGELY different my life is now! This time 10 years ago, as the 90's were drawing to a close, I was in the hospital recovering from multiple surgeries after a severe spinal chord injury counting my blessings I was alive but depressed seeing the world-wide festivities on TV from my hospital bed... wondering if I could ever find happiness again with disabilities, facing a possible life in a wheel chair and plenty of physical an emotional scars.

The start on 2000 was spent sadly wondering "what now?" My life had been carefully planned out and those plans, my Air Force career as a pilot was no longer possible and the very idea of dating was now something of a sick joke. Who the hell would want this shell of a woman? What will I do if I never get out of this wheel chair?

I sit here crying with joy at how amazing my life is. Now, the start of 2010 draws near and I am healthy, running again and happily married to my best friend who gave me a beautiful daughter... WHAT a difference a few years make [:D]

No comments: