BACKGROUND

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

37 Weeks and counting....

It amazes me, scares me and excites me that we are so close to being able to see, hug and smooch on our little girl. She has grown so much just in the last week's growth spurt. There is NO mistaking a kick for a punch! I can feel the difference between legs moving and arms, a knee verses a foot poking out... its crazy! We spent our Labor Day at the movies and watched GI Joe and I think Cornbread was trying to get her Ninja on during the loud fight scenes LOL! At one point she was laying sidewards with her round booty poking out my front above my belly button and her Ninja kicks were busting my right side where my arm was... I could feel her foot print from the outside! It was funny but painful... but that's what I get for eating all those cookies during the show!

My mobility is MUCH improved thanks to the 2 weeks of physical therapy and the baby dropping in position. The stabbing nerve pain on my right hip is no longer there unless I step wrong on it... now I am waddling with lower back pain like your average 9 month pregnant woman. I was able to even get out for the Labor Day sales and finish up the remaining baby shopping... though I still had to order most of the remainder on line cause in-store selections are slim pickings for completing my registry at Target. (Booo!) The hospital over-night bag is almost complete... gotta wash my new nursing tanks and granny panties (LOL) and coming home outfit for after the birth. Prepping the cloth diapers this week and loading up the diaper bag with baby's coming home outfit. We had some laughs buying Tucks medicated pads and other treats for the after pain of my girly bits... the things us women have to endure! Damen still is struggling with HUGE baby envy and ended up buying himself some Flintstones gummy bear vitamin chewables and bubble bath soap (HAHAHA) cause he says its not fare they get all the fun yummy stuff! I am gonna have 2 babies on my hands shortly LOL!

It was like busting out of jail this weekend cause I have been stuck at the house for 3 weeks! I got dressed up and we went out to dinner twice this weekend just cause I could! It is good to get out and to enjoy our couple's time while we can cause it will be a while before we can easily go out for dinner once the baby arrives. Damen found his new fave place to eat... it is a lovely Afghan family owned restaurant with patio dinning and a belly dancer for entertaining. The food was so yummy too! He has been hooked on middle eastern food since all his deployments... and I am lovin it also!

It was a productive but relaxing weekend over all. I had a few bouts of contractions last week but nothing regular. They lasted about an hour or 2 each time and were more like intense menstrual cramps. Damen lovingly said they were great practice for breathing techniques... thanks! They sucked but a sobering reality of what's to come!

No comments: