BACKGROUND

Sunday, September 20, 2009

39 Weeks Pregnant... 1 week to go!!!!

...until my due date anyways. Two weeks until they will induce of she decides she doesn't want to leave my ute! Beside the normal expected uncomfortable stuff of lower back pain, groin pain due to ligaments stretching, excessive peeing, cramping and sleepless nights, feeling as big as a house... all is good. I have been very lucky to have a relatively easy pregnancy (all things considered) despite 3.5 weeks of hip pain that started last month. So thankful that has eased the past 2 weeks! Damen treated me to a day of pampering yesterday so I got my hair cut and a full pedicure with a long foot message... felt sooooo good! ;o)

My mom is getting antsy and calling every other day asking if there is any change yet. She's so excited. My next checkup is Weds and hopefully there is more dilation of my cervix by then. Last week was only a 1/2 cm dilation. In reality though, it doesn't mean anything because you can be 3 cm dilated for weeks before going into labor or not be dilated and go into labor a couple days later. Not knowing is the toughest.

I am starting to get wigged out about going into labor and what its going to feel like. I get menstrual like cramps this past week and though they are not "OMG" painful, they are very uncomfortable. Knowing its just going to get worse is a bit unnerving. I keep reminding myself, many have gone through this just fine but it is not knowing what exactly to expect or when it will happen that has me anxious. I have read the books, heard about other's experience but this is my first so it is a bit overwhelming.

Got a couple of things left to do this week... another once over cleaning the house, getting the pup groomed and stocking up on groceries, getting the infant car seat inspected, and a few more odds and ends to get at Target. I think keeping busy and not just thinking about labor is the best thing for me at this point.

*How far along?: 39 Weeks
*Total weight gain: 52 lb from pre-pregnancy weight :o(
*How big is baby?: Around 7lbs
*Maternity clothes?: I'm mainly in PJs and maternity clothes
*Sleep?: Having a really tough time falling asleep and then staying asleep because of having to get up and pee 1-2 times each night.
*Best moment this week?: The pedicure & hair cut yesterday.
*Movement?: Her kicks and turns that used to be fun and cute are now a bit painful because she lacks room. She favors my right side and has given be a few stretchmarks only on the lower right to prove it!
*Food cravings?: Ice-cream & fruit smoothies... anything cold and creamy!
*Labor signs?: Some cramping each day but nothing regular or intensifying. It feels more like menstrual cramps or that "I have to poop really bad" feeling only without the pooping part.
*Belly button in or out?: Still flat
*What I miss: Being able to turn in bed without struggling and feeling like my crotch is being torn in two, being able to sleep through the night and sleeping on my stomach.
*What I'm looking forward to: Finally being able to hold the little ninja queen in my tummy and smother her with kisses and seeing Damen holding her for the first time... I am betting he sheds a tear or 2. ;o)
*Milestone: Getting all the shopping lists complete and Damen finally saying "OK, she can come out now... just make sure its on the weekend at a reasonable hour." LOL!

No comments: